Life is tough. Life is short. But life can be a magnificent adventure, full of love, happiness, and incredible memories. It all depends on the way you look at it. Here are ten of my favorite quotes about life, that may give you a little inspiration today.
1. Give yourself permission to claim your life. ~ Liz Strauss
I love this quote. For half my life I tried to live the way other people wanted me to. I tried to conform and to fit in. It’s only when I gave myself permission to be me, that life really came alive.
2. Never tell your problems to anyone…20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them. ~ Lou Holtz
I used to be stuck in a cycle of complaining. It’s easy to get caught up blaming everyone else. Then I realized… I was the problem!.
3. If you believe that even 1% of your failure to produce the results that you want is someone else’s fault, you will never be as successful as you could be. Until you decide that you alone are 100% responsible for the results that you are producing, you will never produce the results you are capable of. ~ S. Anthony Iannarino
When I finally took responsibility for my life, things changed quickly. When I put aside blame and set some meaningful goals, success just started to happen. Imagine that!
4. You might be the “little drummer boy,” worried that what you have to say isn’t worthy. Everyone has something to contribute, especially if you remember to be the real you and not a copy of others you feel are successful. ~ Chris Brogan
10 years ago I was in a play at work. I though I was performing well, but the leader told me she couldn’t hear me. “Be yourself”,” she screamed. That one phrase made all the difference.
5. “Unreasonable,” “unrealistic,” and “impractical” are all words used to marginalize a person or idea that fails to conform with conventionally expected standards.” ~ Chris Guillebeau
I used to shy away from controversy. Now I embrace it. Tell me something is impossible, and I’m fired up. Let’s go!
6. Remind thyself, in the darkest moments, that every failure is only a step toward success, … Your life will never be the same again. ~ Og Mandino
Failure can be one of the greatest teachers in life if we are willing to learn from it.
7. Sadly, I have met very few people who have a plan for their life. Most are passive spectators, watching their lives unfold, one day at a time. They are reactive rather than proactive. They may plan their careers, the building of a new home, or even a vacation. But it never occurs to them to plan their life. ~ Michael Hyatt
When I actually spent a few hours and took a look at my life, things changed. I realized that I can steer things in amazing directions.
8. It’s easy to look at your life and try to think that you have ONE grand purpose and try to seek it, but what if you don’t? What if you have multiple purposes and God simply wants you to live your life on Purpose in order to find your Purpose? ~ Daniel Decker
I used to wait around for a grand purpose to show up. Everyone else seemed to have one. I was frustrated that I didn’t have a grand plan. Then I realized that maybe I have more than one…
9. Let’s face it, real life is tough stuff. We often get caught in the rain. Sometimes just a shower, but other times we are hit hard with the storms of life. Where do you turn in life’s storms? ~ Chatty Kelly
It’s important to have friends, family, and faith in times of trouble. They are the foundation that gets us through life.
10. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing – Helen Keller.
Please don’t live a boring life that someone else has planned out for you.
Question: What quotes about life motivate you?