I just updated to iOS 6 on my iPad 3. One of the great features is the addition of Siri, the intelligent voice command software from Apple. This has completely changed the way I use this device. While Siri is very smart, I’ve had to learn how to ask the right questions. Here are 10 commands I’ve discovered that work really well with an example text below.
1. What is the weather like in [city] [date]
What is the weather like in New York tomorrow?
2. What’s on my calendar for [date]
What’s on my calendar for today?
3. Find all email by [contact]
Find all email by John Smith
4. What time is it in [city]
What time is it in London?
5. Google [information]
Google siri commands
6. Directions to [place]
directions to seattle washington
7. Google flights from [airport] to [airport] (or [city] to [city])
Google flights from Seattle to New York
8. Yahoo [Team Name] score (Google or Bing format results differently)
Yahoo New York Jets Score
9. [Movie Name] showtimes [zip code] or Movie showtimes [city]
expendables 2 showtimes 92001 or movie showtimes seattle
10. Find [business/type of business] near me
find pizza hut near me or find restaurants near me
To access Siri on the iPad 3 with iOS 6 just press and hold the selection button. Siri will pop up and beep. Just ask your question and she will answer. You can do this even when your iPad is locked.
To see a list of commands for SIRI on the iPad 3, just ask Siri for Siri commands
Question: Do you have any cool Siri commands you would like to share?