MBA On The Run is now online. This new blog is designed as a resource for anyone wishing to further their business education by listening to audio books. Covering all Major Business Assets the program will give you the insights of the best business minds in the world. Based on the concept of the Personal MBA by Josh Kaufmann, this program utilizes audio books to cover the subject areas that would be covered in a traditional MBA program.
1. The 42 audio books, an iPod, and a good notebook cost under $1000
A traditional MBA program can cost upwards of $80,000
2. The Audio books are enjoyed while walking thru different business districts for greater continuity
A traditional MBA program puts you in a classroom environment away from the real world.
3. An online thesis is created with interviews of real business owners.
A traditional MBA includes interaction with other MBA students and professors
A review of this concept is in the current issue of Business Week Online.
This blog will follow my adventures with the program . Books will be reviewed on a bimonthly basis with blog posts at least once a week. The reviewed books will include…
- Book description and weblink
- Technical items (author, book length, etc)
- Where I experienced the book (location, time, etc)
- My feedback on the material
- My feedback on the learning experience
- Three major takeaway points
- An interview with a related business person including podcast or written interview.
- Your feedback on the book.
I look forward to your comments and your reviews of the different books. If you have an Ipod, try this simple experiment. Download one of Seth Godin’s audio books and listen to it while walking through your local mall, downtown business district, or other business area. You’ll be amazed at the experience. The book will come to life and the marketing concepts will be very apparent. You’ll soon see why some of the businesses are flourishing and others are struggling to get by.
This new blog will be updated every Friday and I’ll keep you updated on our progress with a post here from time to time. You can add this site to your Technorati Favorites by clicking this link.
Some of my adventures so far…
All proceeds from book and technology sales as well as ad revenue over the next two years will go to help build a youth center and computer lab. Please consider helping out our future entrepreneurs and career seekers by buying books and electronics through links on this site.
Hope you will drop by MBA on the Run