Thanksgiving is always a special day for me. It’s a time of reflection about what is truly important in life. It’s a time to think of those special people that make a difference in the world and the lives of others. (It’s so ironic that Thanksgiving comes the day before one of the most commercial and crazy days of the year, Black Friday.)
Here are some of the things I’m very thankful for this year.
- I’m thankful that I live in a free country.
- I’m thankful I can freely worship God and that he has a presence in my life.
- I’m thankful for my wife, my daughter, my son-in-law, along with the rest of our families, who make life worth living.
- I’m thankful for my friends and co-workers, that put up with me.
- I’m thankful to have two amazing and loving dogs who are always there for me no matter what.
- I’m thankful for the 100’s of blogger’s that brighten my day, challenge me to be a better person, and encourage me to reach for the stars. (Here is a short list of blogger’s you should definitely visit. Here is another group I’m very thankful to be associated with.)
- I’m thankful for all of the support and encouragement from our local Toastmaster clubs
- I’m thankful for turkey, bread stuffing, and corn pudding (I can’t wait!)
- I’m thankful for parades, football games, and the family time that make this day special.
- I’m thankful for all of you that stop by from time to time and make this blog a community. Thank you for your support; your comments; and most of all your encouragement to keep this thing called blogging going…