I woke up this morning and realized something… it’s a new year and I still have problems. In fact most of the problems I have now I had last year.
Problems bug me.
Problems cause stress and keep me up at night.
Problems usually don’t go away by themselves.
So what can I do about my problems?
- I can complain and gripe about them
- I can forget about them (can I really?)
- I can put them off to tomorrow
- I can do something about them
Since the first three things in the list just make problems worse, I decided this morning to do something about them.
Here is a simple outline I came up with to tackle the problem(s)
- Make a complete written list of them
- Create an action item next to each one
- Write down a name next to each one of someone who can help with the problem or keep me accountable to solve the problem
- Put an expected completion date next to each one
It’s funny how writing them down takes their power away. They don’t seem so bad once they are in a list… especially when I have an action step and a name of someone who can help.
Oh… and I did one other thing… I crossed out the word problems at the top of the list and wrote in the space next to it opportunities.
Seth would be proud of me!