In John Maxwell’s book, Your Roadmap for Success, John talks about the stages of a dream.
He lists the stages as…
1. I thought it: The initial thought
2. I caught it: Adding feelings to the dream
3. I sought it: Committed to action
4. A few shot it: Others tried to shoot it down
5. I got it: Through dedication and perserverance you reach you goal
6. Some others fought it: Not everyone will celebrate when you achieve your dream
7. I taught it: The dream grows by teaching it to others
8. Others bought it: People will follow the leader with a successful dream
Over the next few days we’ll look at each of these steps and look at some strategies along the way.
Sidenote: As I was putting this together I ran across a post on Steve Pavlina’s blog today that I thought I would share with you. It seems that Steve is experimenting with something called Polyphasic sleep, where you take 6 to 8, 30 minute naps throughout the day instead of sleeping straight thru. It is an interesting concept and as I write this he is on day 5 of his trial run.
One of the biggest obstacles to reaching a goal is time. There is never enough of it. If we can really get by with only 3 hours of sleep a day, imagine what dreams and goals you could accomplish. It will be interesting to see how Steve does and if it becomes something that he can do on a daily basis. Check out his post here.
Good luck Steve.