Over the past week, I’ve talked about making an impact and creating an impossible goal. A goal so big, you can’t possibly do it yourself. While having impossible dreams and setting goals is important, I want to give you some tips on execution.
I want to show you how to actually do the impossible.
Up until last week, I would have written about breaking your goals down into manageable steps, bringing others in, creating a schedule, and taking one step at a time. While this procedure works, I found something that blows common goal setting techniques out of the water. Something so cool you’ll think it’s magic.
What if I told you I can…
- Predict the future, and see things that others cannot imagine.
- See tomorrow’s technology and how it works
- Know tomorrow’s business trends
- Set future based goals
You would certainly say I’m crazy, a dreamer at best, but probably a fool.
No one can see the future.
Yet following a simple seven step procedure, laid out in a new book called Flash Foresight by futurist Daniel Burris, I can do just that, and the cool thing is… you can too.
Dan has predicted, with uncanny accuracy, many coming trends for the past 25 years
Dan’s book really opened my eyes to what he calls Flash Foresight: the ability to trigger a burst of accurate insight about the future and use it to produce a new and radically different way of doing things.
Dan’s procedure consists of running your idea through 7 different triggers.
- Start with certainty (use hard trends to see what’s coming).
- Anticipate (base your strategies on what you know about the future).
- Transform (use technology-driven change to your advantage).
- Take your biggest problem and skip it (it’s not the real problem anyway).
- Go opposite (look where no one else is looking and do what no one else is doing).
- Redefine and reinvent (leverage your uniqueness in new and powerful ways).
- Direct your future (or someone else will direct it for you).
Many foresights use 3 or 4 of these triggers.
To show you how his procedure works, in the coming week, I’ll run my current Impossible Goal through his seven steps. We’ll take the idea of creating a Personal Development Seminar called Relevant Light through each step and discover how this works.
It is absolutely fascinating how different my goal is now that I’ve run it through this process. You’ll be amazed how much insight you can gain on goal setting, especially BIG goals, after discovering this powerful technique.
Tomorrow we’ll take step one. We’ll look at what we know for certain about Relevant LIGHT and plot out how we can enhance the experience to make it even better.
Question: What would you do if you could see the future?