Small business owners and entrepreneurs face a myriad of challenges. Here are some small business quotes and resources that can help you take your idea or business further.
1.“I want to put a ding in the universe.” ~ Steve Jobs
Many of us think too small when we imagine the reach of our talents. One way to think bigger is to set a 50 year goal. Where will your business be in 50 years? This will give you a much grander view.
2. “People simply feel better about themselves when they’re good at something.” ~ Stephen R. Covey
Many times we find ourselves as the jack of all trades, but the master of few. Why not become the best at something you enjoy and change the world?
3. “Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don’t need to escape from.” ~ Seth Godin
If you find yourself mired in a mundane job, maybe a change is needed. Why not plan out a business model around something you love to do?
4. “The values of the world we inhabit and the people we surround ourselves with have a profound effect on who we are.” ~ Malcolm Gladwell
Why not surround yourself with people who will lift you up instead of tearing you down?
5. “Often when we ask for advice, we don’t really want advice—we want someone to say “That’s great! Go for it!”— Chris Guillebeau
The motivation of a colleague or friend can take you far!
6. “Most People have a desire to look for the exception instead of the desire to become exceptional.” ~ John C. Maxwell
Instead of excuses, look for reasons you CAN do something!
7. “You have a clean slate every day you wake up. You have a chance every single morning to make that change and be the person you want to be. You just have to decide to do it. Decide today’s the day. Say it; This is going to be my day.” ~ Brendon Burchard
Simply… Fire Up Today!
8. “He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.” ~ Old Chinese Proverb
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Many of us get stuck because we don’t know how to do something or where to go next.
9. “Very simply, a platform is the thing you stand on to get heard. It’s your stage. But unlike a stage in a theatre, today’s platform is not built of wood or concrete or perched on a grassy hill. Today’s platform is built of people. Contacts. Connections. Followers.” ~ Michael Hyatt
In today’s connected world you need to have a platform and a voice.
10. “Have an Impossible Dream.” ~ John Richardson
Everyone needs a BIG dream. Something that gets you out of the bed in the morning and fires you up for the day!
Question: Which small business quotes motivate you?